MUSI 2117 Sight Singing & Ear Training IV
CIP Code: 50.0904.5726
Credit Hours: 1
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 1
Contact Hour Total: 3 per week
Singing advanced tonal music and introduction of modal and post-tonal melodies. Aural study including dictation of advanced rhythm, melody, and harmony.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply a method of sight singing to more difficult diatonic and non-diatonic melodies, including modes and non-tonal scales.
- Transcribe more complex rhythms, including contemporary materials.
- Transcribe increasingly more chromatic harmonies.
- Transcribe and analyze diatonic and chromatic harmonies.
- Read and reproduce rhythms in various meters, including asymmetrical meters, syncopation, and irregular beat divisions.
Prerequisite(s): MUSI 1116 , MUSI 1117 , MUSI 2116 (Grade of C or better)
Corequisite(s): MUSI 2312 , MUSI 2182 , Music Major Applied Lesson, Parent Ensemble
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)