MUSI 2312 Music Theory IV
CIP Code: 50.0904.5226
Credit Hours: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Contact Hour Total: 48
Continuation of advanced chromaticism and survey of analytical and compositional procedures in post-tonal music. Optional correlated study at the keyboard.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Construct and identify advanced chromatic harmonies.
- Analyze musical compositions that utilize advanced chromatic harmonies and foreign-key modulation techniques.
- Analyze musical compositions that utilize a variety of post-tonal practices.
- Compose music utilizing appropriate post-tonal practices.
- Demonstrate musical concepts covered in class on the keyboard.
- Demonstrate an understanding of rhythmic meter and note duration through score analysis and composition.
Corequisite(s): MUSI 2117 ”Sight Singing & Ear Training IV”, MUSI 2182 “Piano Class IV”
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)