MUSI 2116 Sight Singing & Ear Training III
CIP Code: 50.0904.5726
Credit Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 3
Contact Hour Total: 48
Singing more difficult tonal music in various clefs, aural study including dictation of more complex rhythm, melody, chromatic harmony, and extended tertian structures.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply a method of sight singing to more difficult tonal melodies, oral demonstration of complex rhythms.
- Classify more difficult elements of music, including extended-tertian chords, compound intervals, and non-diatonic scales.
- Transcribe more complex rhythms and diatonic and non-diatonic melodies.
- Transcribe and analyze diatonic and chromatic harmonies.
- Read and reproduce rhythms in various meters, including syncopation and irregular beat divisions.
Prerequisite(s): MUSI 1116 , MUSI 1117 (Grade of C or better)
Corequisite(s): MUSI 2311 , MUSI 2181 , Music Major Applied Lesson, Parent Ensemble
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)