MUSI 2311 Music Theory III
CIP Code: 50.0904.5226
Credit Hours: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Contact Hour Total: 48
Advanced harmony voice leading, score analysis and writing of more advanced tonal harmony including chromaticism and extended-tertian structures. Optional correlated study at the keyboard.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Construct and identify extended-tertian and chromatic harmonies.
- Analyze musical compositions, which include various forms of tonal modulation utilizing standard roman-numeral symbols.
- Demonstrate proper voice-leading practices through composition in appropriate styles.
- Demonstrate concepts covered in class on the keyboard, including progressions that utilize modulation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of rhythmic meter and note duration through score analysis and composition.
Corequisite(s): MUSI 2116 ”Sight Singing & Ear Training III”, MUSI 2181 ”Piano Class III”
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)