MUEN 1157 Men’s Chorus
CIP Code: 50.0903.58 26
Credit Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 3
Contact Hour Total: 48
Small Vocal Ensembles. Examples of small vocal ensembles may include but are not limited to glee club, madrigals, opera/musical theater, commercial, and folk. The Men’s Chorus performs music from all genres and time periods with special emphasis on sacred a cappella literature. The singers will render music with appropriate stylistic consideration commensurate with compositional era for male voices.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate individual, sectional and ensemble intonation and rhythm while performing a varied
- repertoire of music within the ensemble;
- Perform a varied repertoire of music representing styles and diverse cultures within the ensemble;
- Describe music notation, rhythm/meter, harmonic texture, form. music symbols and tem1s referring to dynamics. tempo, and articulation;
- Identify and correct problems with pitch, rhythm/meter, articulation, phrasing, and dynamics within a rehearsal setting .
Prerequisite(s): Audition and placement by Choir Director
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)