Important New Student Information
- Complete a Blinn College application for admissions. Complete the Texas Common Application at www.applytexas.org.
- Apply for financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.FAFSA.ed.gov. Utilize the IRS data retrieval tool for faster processing and to reduce documents requested by Blinn.
- Send your final high school transcript if your college transfer hours are less than 12 semester credit hours.
- Send your complete college transcripts from all colleges attended, if applicable.
- Determine your Texas Success Initiative (TSI) status by having an approved exemption or test scores from a state-approved placement test (www.blinn.edu/admissions/texas-success-initiative.html). Blinn College offers the Accuplacer, Compass, and THEA-QT tests.[RB1] For information on testing, please visit www.blinn.edu/testing.
- Send your bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation. For more information, visit www.blinn.edu/immunizations.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss course options. For more information, visit www.blinn.edu/academic-advising.
- Research course offerings.
- Register for classes using http://my.blinn.edu during registration periods. For registration dates and deadlines, please see www.blinn.edu/calendar.
- Pay by the deadlines identified at www.blinn.edu/calendar.
- Stay in touch.
- Create http://my.blinn.edu password
- Check your e-mail account
- Check the myBLINN portal at http://my.blinn.edu for updates and announcements.
(For further information or assistance, visit or call the campus you plan to attend. Campuses and their contact information are available at www.blinn.edu/campuses.)
Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act
On November 8, 1990, the President of the United States signed into law the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act. This Act requires colleges and universities to report graduation rates of all students as well as those of student athletes. In addition, schools must report certain campus crime statistics and campus security procedures. These statistics are available www.blinn.edu/student-services/student-consumer-information.html. For more information, contact the Office of the Senior Vice President of Student Services for the Brenham, Schulenburg, and Sealy campuses and the Dean of Student Success on the Bryan Campus.
Blinn College Alma Mater
Dear College we, our hearts to thee have holden
By loyal love for each familiar scene,
Our faithful pledge to thee is ever golden
On our dear Blinn the sun of glory beams
Our song to thee we raise in joyous praise,
Our song to thee we raise in praise.
The children we, our love and pride confessing
Within thy walls we find a pleasant home;
And may strive to bring a greater glory
To crown thee now, and thro’ years to come,
And may we strive to bring a greater glory
To crown three now, thro’ the years to come.
Blinn College Fight Song
Fight, Fight you Blinn Buccaneers
Fight on to victory amid our cheers
You’re the masters of the ball
You’ll never falter, never fall
With colors waving, Fight on, team fight
You’ll make a touchdown for blue and white
Win or lose you’ll always know
We’re for you Blinn Buccaneers.
Fight, Fight, Fight Team Fight
Fight, Fight, Blue and White
B U C S Blinn Buccaneers Fight
Blue and White
Welcome to the Blinn College District! Since Blinn opened its doors in 1883, it has established a reputation for academic excellence, caring instructors, and a welcoming atmosphere.
For many Blinn students, higher education marks the next step in a lifelong journey of learning and personal enrichment. At Blinn, that journey includes dedicated faculty and staff who are committed to your success, whether you are pursuing academic transfer to a four-year university or seek career and technical credentials on your way to a rewarding career.
Blinn offers stimulating classes, state-of-the-art-technology, hands-on learning opportunities, and professors who have dedicated their careers to providing their students with personalized instruction.
Outside the classroom, the Blinn Library, Writing Center, Learning Center, and computer labs provide a wide range of services to supplement your classroom experience. Blinn also offers a variety of extracurricular opportunities, including student clubs and organizations, music and theatre arts, and even intramurals and athletics.
As you can see, Blinn is a vibrant community committed to helping you reach your goals. With a strong support system and Blinn’s longstanding tradition of excellence behind you, we look forward to helping you enjoy a happy and successful academic year.
Mary Hensley, Ed.D.
Chancellor of the Blinn College District